Workshop on Population and Speciation Genomics
Český Krumlov, 2016
This page contains teaching materials to support BEAST 2 practical sessions at the Workshop on Molecular Evolution in Český Krumlov, 2016.
The following software must be installed on your computer to complete these tutorials:
- Java version 8
- BEAST 2.3.3 (pre-release 3)
- Tracer 1.6
- FigTree 1.4.2
- An up-to-date version Firefox or Chrome
- BEAGLE (optional)
The following tutorials will be taught during practical sessions in the Workshop.
- Extended Bayesian Skyline Plot (EBSP) tutorial [zip] [logs for a 100M run]
- Sructured Coalescent tutorials
- Bayes Factor Delimitation of Species (BFD*) [zip]
- How to manage packages.
- An extra set of tutorials that you may find useful to investigate in your own time can be found at www.beast2.org/tutorials.
Further documentation on BEAST2 can be found on the BEAST2 website.
If you are having trouble starting BEAST and BEAUti by double-clicking on Windows it is probably because you have more than one Java version installed. Make sure “java — version” reports version 1.8 and then follow these instructions to start BEAUti and BEAST from the Command Prompt.